Reduce the Cost of Operations
PitCharger...A Good Return on Your Investment
Pit additives have become a vital part of manure management and have proven a good investment.
- Positive effects on the health of animals and humans involved in your operation
- Improved quality and quantity of manure pumped for use as fertilizer
As a company, PitCharger takes a consultative approach to insure you are getting the right product, in the right quantity to ensure maximum benefits. Why buy something that you "hope" works! Our years of working with producers and getting results means a good return on your investment in our products.
Healthy Pit Environment...Healthier Animals...Excellent ROI
The FDA's new antibiotic regulations that became effective in January 2017 are aimed at the use of antibiotics in food animal production. Managing the environment by using PitCharger products improves the health of animals and reduces the need for antibiotics. A year long health and welfare study involving 58,000 hogs showed a reduction in odor with the use of PitCharger. The results of a healthier environment included:
- Decreasing the mortality rate by .007%, increasing revenue by $3675.
- Reducing medical costs by $2225 annually.
What the experts say...
We called Dr. Broderson, of the University of Nebraska — Lincoln Veterinary Diagnostic Center, as a result of this data. He related that pit gases cause stress on the mucous membranes lining the respiratory tract, resulting in respiratory diseases. By reducing these gases, you improve the probability that your hogs will not develop these tears in their airways. Therefore, pathogens are not able to establish infections in the lungs of your hogs as easily.
Dr. Bundy’s year long Iowa State/Farmland study documented that PitCharger reduced hydrogen sulfide and ammonia along with overall odor by 50% compared with untreated buildings. This reduction is significant when you consider that the 50% reduction was measured at the source – inside the buildings – not a quarter-mile away. The same benefits that apply to the hogs also apply to humans working in these buildings or living nearby.
The RIGHT Product in the RIGHT Quantity!
Don't just buy product off the shelf and hope it works! We are here to give you solutions that are the most effective and cost savings. We will ask questions...lots of questions. Your answers will determine how we treat your manure system. We take into consideration all aspects of your operation.
- Type of livestock (dairy, cattle, hog, poultry)
- Number of head and at what stage of production (finishing, nursery, etc)
- Confinement facility manure management structure (depth of pits, lagoon, etc.)
- Manure management procedures (disenfectant use, water use, etc.)
- Goals for manure pumped-out (use as fertilizer for example)
The biggest consideration when determining how much PitCharger product to use is the number of head and stage of production.
- Gestation/Farrowing...1 Quart per 250 sows
- Nursery...1 gallon per 1,000 hogs
- Finishing...1 gallon per 1,000 hogs
Shipping PitCharger to your facility
- PitCharger is shipped to your facility in 5 gallon buckets and will contain the exact amount you will need to use for one treatment.
- Quantity shipped is determined by problem, type of system and number and type of livestock.
- Remember that Pitcharger consists of live bacteria, and should be applied within 30-45 days of receipt.
- We recommend treatment for at least 3 months to assess the progress.
Storage and Freezing.....
Store in a cool environment. If PitCharger accidentally freezes, the bacteria simply go dormant until they are allowed to thaw.To return to liquid state, place at normal room temperature for a day or two to thaw and then apply as usual.
We can ship product each month automatically. No need to call to place your order AND it is a good reminder to apply the product to your manure system.